Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Strike Force by Dale Brown

Strike Force was definitely a good introduction to military science fiction. As someone that is not very familiar with many of the military and technical terms mentioned in the novel, I found it helpful that the author included a glossary Strike Force was definitely a good glossary of the language the characters use to communicate.I also really liked how women were prominently featured in in positions of power throughout the novel. That was definitely a twist that was unexpected.Strike Force would be a good read for people that have an interest in politics and science fiction! I had a bit of a hard time getting started reading this book, as I generally don't read many books on the military. But once I had read a few chapters, it was easier to get into the book. I'm sure someone that is a fan of the military or armed forces would definitely enjoy this book as there are many terms I (was) not familiar with in the novel. I'm glad there was a glossary in the book for the non-military types or else I would have been a bit lost!
If you want to know more about this book or Dale Brown more info can be found at:
http://www.harpercanada.com/global_scripts/product_catalog/book_xml.asp?isbn=006117310X

No comments: