Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Michael Tolliver Lives by Amistead Maupin

"I really enjoyed reading about the adventures of Michael Tolliver and his quest to make a new life while still remaining close to the friends he has in his city. Along the way many life changing events happened to Michael , as well as to his parents and it is only then that he starts to learn of the "true colours" of his friendships. Only when a family crisis occurs does Michael finally decide whom he will really be there for and which people really matter in his life. I really enjoyed the style in which the story was told. It is a very personal and warm writing style and it makes you feel like you could be one of the friends in Michael Tolliver's life. One thing that I must mention about the novel is that there are quite a few sexually graphic scenes and I would probably not recommend this book for someone under the age of 16."
This was also the first book I had read by Armistead Maupin in his Tales of The City series. I enjoyed the pace at which the story unfolds; it really draws the reader into the events that happen throughout the story.I am definitely going to seek out other books by this author in the future!

No comments: