Wednesday, February 27, 2008

My Mother's Daughter by Rona Maynard

I had the opportunity to read this book last week and found it was very hard to put down. The book reads like Rona is talking to the reader as a close friend. She exposes all facets of her family life and the joys and turbulations of life with or in the shadow of her mother. Rona takes the reader on quite a journey that starts with her life in the United States and ends with her currently living in Toronto. In between all this we also get to know about the other Maynard siblings and relatives- like the sister Joyce that was living with J.D. Sallinger when she was only 18 years old. The book was a very eye-opening read as I have read Chatelaine magazine and never knew that much about the (former) editor. I will definitely be passing my copy along to my mother the next time I see her.
More info on this book can be found at: http://www.mcclelland.com/catalog/display.pperl?isbn=9780771057014
Format: Hardcover, 264 pagesPublisher: Douglas Gibson BooksISBN: 978-0-7710-5701-4 (0-7710-5701-6)Pub Date: September 11, 2007Price: $34.99
Also, when I opened the copy of the book I received there was a lovely personal inscription from Rona Maynard and I found that very nice as well :)

No comments: