Wednesday, February 27, 2008

The Line Painter by Claire Cameron

I just finished reading this book. I would not want to be stranded by the side of the road or camping in the forest by myself after reading this. This was quite a creepy story and you almost beleive this could happen.... If I had to use one word to describe this book it would be "chilling".
"The Line Painter is one of those books that make you wish you would never be stranded on a deserted road anywhere or outside in the dark wilderness by yourself.When I first picked up this book I was quite intrigued by what had happened to Carrie’s husband, as it is quite a surprise that we do not learn until near the end of the book.It is also quite chilling to hear of Carrie’s account of being stranded by the roadside and being picked up by a creepy and gruff looking line painter.What really kept me wanting to read to the end of the novel was that I wanted to find out if the line painter was really a bad character like you are lead to believe or is he really there to help Carrie?The story kept me guessing the whole time, as the line painter’s intentions seemed to change every day in the story and he is a tough character to figure out.I really enjoyed the suspense in the story, but am really hoping that I will never be stranded out on a highway anywhere by myself!" To find out more about this new Canadian author's debut novel please visit:
http://www.harpercollins.ca/global_scripts/product_catalog/book_xml.asp?isbn=0002008351

No comments: